Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend and January Recap

I didn't play as much as I would have liked this weekend due to a lack of motivation and mental commitment. Saturday I had a good session and finished up a bit. Had no wins, but three seconds. That gave me a boost for the weekly SNG leaderboard and I actually finished 208th in the $1-$4 Low Orbit (20 game block). A huge improvement from my 2108th place the week before. I would like to make the top ten one of these weeks to be able to play in the monthly $50k shootout, so that's something to strive for. Sunday my head just wasn't in the game so I quit playing with no cashes and down a bit. Still up for the weekend though so that's nice.

January was probably the best month to date that I have had playing on Pokerstars. I played more games than ever and that translated into more than doubling my bankroll. I'm now closing in on the $150 mark and hope to hit at least $250 by the end of February. With my turbo only SNG schedule I think that is easily achievable. I noticed that since I went to turbos my volume has increased tremendously so I think that will help me reach the 400 game a month mark as well.

I also scored more tlb points this month than any month prior to this. Ended the month with 847.22 tlb points in my top 20 cashes which beats my best monthly total by close to 200 points. I had 28 cashes towards the tlb (that doesn't count SNG cashes) and my yearly stands at 1005.31 points. So far a great start to the new year, and lots of room to build on as well!

Although February is the shortest month of the year, I think now that I have moved onto turbo only format my volume will also increase this month. Hopefully with that so will my $/game and points. I have still yet to run really deep in a large MTT field, but I'll keep trying to make that breakthrough cash that will propel me onto bigger and better buy-ins.

In some future posts I am going to move away from all the time results talk to some topics I find interesting in poker games and observations I have that can give anyone an edge over the micro limit games that are almost laughably easy. So stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment