Friday, February 12, 2010

Satellites, laziness, and adjusting goals

Just a quick update on February so far. I haven't put in nearly the volume I had been wanting to so far this month. However, the results I do have are pretty good. I'm over half way to my monetary goal for the month, but with only about a third of the amount of games I had intended on playing. I'm hoping to ramp it up the second half of the month as I'm going to Vegas for a week in early March and that will probably be pretty counter productive to online poker results. So a few adjustments I'm going to make on goals are to not focus on a set $ amount to win, but rather a $/game and maintaining that average or improving it in successive months. As soon as February is over I will have that statistic as I have been keeping track thus far. My average ROI is pretty high (much higher than is sustainable over a long period of time), so I expect that to sort of trail off as I attempt to move up in stakes. That however shouldn't translate into losing money, so long as my $/game increases and steadies.

I've continued to adjust my game daily and really feel I'm playing my best poker yet. This week I found a satellite to the weekly $11 buy-in $250K prize pool tournament on pokerstars that is well within my bankroll and is similar to the structure of games I've been playing so I played a couple and won a seat for the tournament on Sunday. I may or may not play in it this weekend as I am a big NASCAR dork and want to watch the Daytona 500. There are also a ton of other promotions going on right now for Pokerstars celebrating their 40 billionth, yes billionth, hand dealt on the site so I may try to take advantage of some of those too. Otherwise it will just be motivating my lazy self to increase my volume of play! I haven't decreased from January thus far so that is good, just need to realize the room for growth and move forward.

Hopefully that was more short and sweet! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment