Friday, January 29, 2010

Keep chugging away

Played another 15-20 SNG's last night. Things weren't looking too bright and I thought I was going to follow up my good last session with another slight losing one. Managed to squeak in a couple cashes early on, but they weren't sustaining my buy-ins for the next games so after a bit was down about 4 buy-ins. Took some terrible beats too losing AA vs KK for chip lead in one. I just let that stuff roll off me now and laugh it off because hey, I have been on the other end of it too.

Towards the end of my session I finally started to heat up a bit and built a big stack going into the money in a 90 man game. I felt good and wanted the win bad, but alas lost a coinflip late and busted in 4th. That however put me up a decent chunk for the night. So, even when the poker gods don't seem to be smiling down and deliver some tough beats all night, skill can still prevail.

Ah I remembered another goal I had set that I didn't mention in the last post. Pokerstars gives points for their weekly, monthly, and yearly TLB (tournament leader board) depending on where you finish. This is separate from the SNG leader board so the games are all 40+ fields. Well last year I only managed to pull out close to 2900 points. The big name players have more than that in a week often so obviously that's not too many. But considering the buy-ins I play and low volume I had it is a good starting point. Oh and also they only take top ten cashes for weekly, top 20 for monthly, and top 100 for yearly. I barely had over 100 cashes last year. So leading into this year my goal is to reach 6000 TLB points for the year or effectively double my score from last year. That equates to 500 monthly going towards my score which is easily achievable. So far this month I have almost 800 points in my top 20 cashes and clost to 900 for the yearly. Not a bad start, and room for some improvement for sure! Hopefully with some deep runs in weekend MTT's I can really add to those totals in the months to come.

As you can see from my posts, my game is a work in progress. I am striving towards greatness and every time I play learn something new. This year is going to be a breakout for me, I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment