Thursday, February 4, 2010

Poker sites and blogs

Throughout my time as a poker player I have found numerous sites that are helpful in maximizing my game. Here are a few:

www.pocketfives.com -- a great online forum that also has a good rankings system.

www.sharkscope.com -- result tracker that can be a powerful tool on getting insight into your opponents skill level. Requires monetary value to get full access, but I use it for my 5 free searches every day and once my bankroll allows plan on purchasing it.

www.pokerwit.com -- this site has done tremendous things for me. It is a site started by a very successful online player, Amirsf, that provides a very unique tool of uploading hands and allowing people to play back the hands in various ways. This can help you think of different situations and ways to play particular hands. Amir has also put a lot of input into everyone's game and I'd like to personally thank him (if he ever reads this) again for helping me so much. He was actually the day three chip leader of the 2009 world series main event and can be seen briefly on ESPN a couple episodes.

There are other sites out there such as online poker rankings and 2+2 forums that I occasionally visit, but not often.

A few blogs I enjoy reading:

www.bfizz11.com -- this guy is unreal sick in today's MTT's and SNG's and has the confidence level to show it. Just from the time I started reading this blog in late December I can tell he has had 2 months of almost $50k profit in each month and has dominated online poker. Keep an eye out if you ever see him at your table as he will probably end up with your chips. He has recently started dabbling on Full Tilt after playing primarily Stars.

www.rainmanpoker.net -- MI_turtle on Stars, this guy is also a sicko. Huge amounts of volume and has a good coaching program from all the buzz on the internet. Again, beware if he is at your table.

www.brad2002tjpoker.com -- A grinder with a similar background as me. Worked a full time day job and played poker as a hobby on nights and weekends. Has made a good profit, and seems like a pretty insightful guy.

Those are just a few of the sites I regularly visit, and there are also a ton of links on each one. I find it particularly insightful to look at a lot of points of view on poker and to arm my arsenal with as many weapons as possible at the tables. Also if one can afford it coaching from these players would be significantly +EV.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris,

    Thanks for the nice words and best of luck at the tables!

    AmirSF

    ReplyDelete