Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Work... is a four letter word!

So April was a record month for me in a few areas (not profit or volume though). That being said, it still could have been the highest marks across the board had I not been summoned to the field for my job. This caused me to have to work two weeks straight, 14 days, of 12+ hour days and left no time for poker to be played. It disappointed me as I haven't had to go to the field in a long time, but hey it is still my job so it has to be done. I was also selected to play the monthly heads up match for pokerwit where the winner pads their bankroll with $200. Being a micro grinder that would be a huge chunk to my bankroll at the moment. Well, after not being sure if I would make it because of work and numerous emails back and forth trying to adjust times I was able to make it and actually won! I know the pro I was playing had at least 6 other games going on two sites, but it felt good to beat someone who is established in the game at a high level and almost double my bankroll (on FT) in the process. It was a great win and I'm definitely looking forward to those games, heads up and member freerolls, monthly. Well that's just a quick update on what I've been up to and why I haven't blogged for quite awhile. I will post my numbers for April here in the next day or two and elaborate on where my game improved and where I can still improve. Until next time, thanks for reading and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment