Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mid month

April is almost half over already! I'm on track to have a new record in volume, and while it's still not nearly the volume I would like I'm happy that I am making progress. I must have been running really hot back in January though because my results aren't nearly up to where I was. I'm not focused on that though, just playing optimal poker and grinding out the games. I've almost set a new record high for monthly TLB points and with one or two more high placings should eclipse that. I'm also over my yearly total for last year as of yesterday. The games have been up and down lately, but I am on track to grind out even some profit for the month. I am still shooting to move up in some stakes by next month too, but will not force the issue and become a bankroll nit. Keeping focused and playing within the proper stakes is really what bankroll management and staying off tilt is all about. Sure tilt is bound to happen, but at least if you stay in your bankroll limit you don't go broke.

I also purchased 200 searches on Sharkscope which will allow me to refine my search results and give monthly graphs as opposed to showing my overall graph. Makes it much more interesting to analyze stats and really find the places where I make the most ROI.

Life has also been pretty good lately. Spring is in full bloom and the weather has been just phenomenal lately. Definitely allowing me to get out and play/practice golf, ride my motorcycle, and drive my garaged sports car. Good thing I have this full time job to make me live like a "balla" until one day poker does. Work is still work though no matter what it is you do and I'm sure the guys grinding the tables, while making a decent living, still get burnt out. As the old adage says about poker, it's a hard way to make an easy living!

Well that's about all my musings for now. The future is looking better every day, but I still don't need my shades all the time yet! Until next time, thanks for reading and good luck at the tables and in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment