Wednesday, April 7, 2010

On a roll

So far this month has been going great! I've already played almost 50 games, 48 to be exact, and look like I could be on pace for a record month for me. All the games have been on Pokerstars as I'm just trying to get into a good rhythm. I had been varying my game selection to include $1.10 45 & 90 plyr and $2.20 180's occasionally but seemed to be only break even at best. Granted 50 games is a very very small sample size, but I felt that if I stuck with one particular game my strategy could develop more. So the last two days I've played only the 45's. I have been dominating these it seems as I made it to heads up three times just last night. Was only able to win one, but really had a shot at all three just took some bad beats to lose. That's poker though and I know as long as I keep getting my chips in good I'll come out on top.

I still plan on trying the same scheme laid out in the link from the last post, but will be sticking with the 45's until my roll on stars hits the $300 mark. Hopefully by the end of this month I will be grinding out the $2.20 180's and can move up to the $3.25 45's next month too!

I've been in such a focused zone when playing lately too it just seems like the chips come my way and the decisions I make are falling into place. One key I have found is to not get yourself into tough spots and don't be afraid to fold to find a more sure spot. A lot of these donkeys think they can win the tournament in the first two hands, when in reality it will be at least 150 or so hands to win a 45 plyr sng. Patience really is a virtue!

I have also accumulated more TLB so far this month than any other month to date. I'm actually ranked in the top 20k players so far, which is way higher than I've ever been. To put that into perspective, lately the highest I've been ranked is like 60-80k. I've already almost accumulated as many points as my previous record and we are only 7 days into the month! Of course they only count the top 20 scores per month, but I still see my previous record (January) being smoked. I'm also nearing the total points I had for all of last year and should easily have that eclipsed this month. What does all this mean? Well it means I am actually starting to put in a decent volume for the time and setup I have. I can still only comfortably play four games at a time due to screen size, and my sessions are usually 2.5-3 hours long. This does allow me to keep a good focus though and thus keep making good results. Eventually I would like to get a nice pc and a bigger monitor to be able to comfortably play 8 to 12 games at once (gradually working up to that of course), but for now I'll just keep plugging away.

Well that's a quick, although long winded of course, update of April so far! Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment